1.25 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
2 large cans enchilada sauce (not El Paso, it’s thin)
1 can diced green chilis
1 yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups Mexican Cheese
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) Poach the chicken (after rinsing) in a large pot of boiling water until done all the way through (about 10 minutes) and then set aside on a cutting board to cool.
3) Cook the onions and garlic in the oil until the onions start to caramelize, remove from heat.
4) When the chicken cools, shred it with your fingers and add the garlic and onions, pepper, chilis, 1 cup of cheese and 1 cup of enchilada sauce and mix well.
5) Pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish.
6) Coat the tortillas one at a time with the sauce, adding more as necessary.
7) Add the chicken mixture to each tortilla and roll, leaving them seam side down.
8) Coat with the rest of the sauce, top with the remaining cup of cheese.
9) Bake for 10 minutes loosely covered with foil and then 10 minutes without.
Delicious with a little bit of sour cream!